Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Failed Family Photos - Lincoln Family Photographer

So over the last month I have attempted to take my own family pictures so we could send out a Christmas card. I didn't want to do a card with just the kids or everyone but me. Our first attempt is more like a pieced together thing, each picture taken individually and then merged together using photoshop. My biggest complaint is the day I did the pictures I didn't do my hair or my makeup and though the picture isn't bad I'm a bit insecure about it, those pictures I will share a little closer to Christmas. So one cold and snowy saturday morning I got ready and when I was done I was really happy with the way I looked and decided we are going out today and doing better family pictures and we are all going to be in this one. Well it was a bust. Nobody was really happy and being the control freak that I am nobody had the patience for me to take a picture run check the angle of the poses and what not until we got it right to my satisfaction. I did what I could get and then we went for ice cream. After wards everyone was a little happier so I decided to try again at a different location and before I could get my settings the way I wanted my batteries died because of the cold. We will chalk it up to a learning experince and try again when it is warmer outside.


With all that said I did get a few keepers that I am happy with though I wish there were more smiles. Sometimes you just have to take what you can get.




No comments:

Post a Comment